Thursday, May 9, 2024

Healing time

 I just looked at this blog and realized I've not kept up with it.    In fact, it's been years since I wrote anything here.  

My life has changed, pretty dramatically.   I'm going to write it down chronologically here.

2021 - June - My husband died, June 8th, exactly 6 months to the day before what would have been our 42nd wedding anniversary.   

2021- September Took my first solo trip, just an overnight one, 4 hours away, and it was hard.

2021 -December - Covid precautions were still in place, to fly, you had to wear a mask, but I decided I needed to be with family for Christmas and it was bittersweet.   But I did it.  

2022 -  Visited family again, by this time there were little to no Covid restrictions.  No mask needed on planes.  Managed to get to see family twice that year.  

2023 -  Decided to do a book signing combo road trip, ending in Canada for a couple months.    I holed up in the cutest little cottage, in my old home town, venturing out occasionally, and allowing myself to heal.  One of the best decisions I think I've ever made.   Later on in the year, I took a little leaf peeping trip, and got to see more of the country.  

2024 - so far this year, not too much, other than a small trip to Biloxi, with a friend, finished off my book, and published it, and now am set for more adventures.  I did have one adventure, and not a good one either.  My purse with all ID was stolen, and I'm now in the process of replacing it all.  And finding out that it could be a lengthy process for parts of it, but it is also fairly pricey as well as being incredibly inconvenient.  I am still planning on traveling, but those plans have been curtailed somewhat thanks to a thief.  

My newest book is out, and available for purchase.  The link is here:  https://bit.ly/4az2gG2   YANK MY CHAIN is the name of the book.    


No comments:

Post a Comment