Thursday, July 21, 2016

Noise Barrage everywhere

Am I the only who is bothered by the constant barrage of 'noise' that we are subjected to?  

I was in a store yesterday, and the music was blaring.  Not just as a background noise, but LOUD.  I had a couple of things I wanted to pick up, but honestly, I left before getting it all, as I simply could not think with the music blasting at me.

I'm not an old crotchety person, or at least I don't think I am.  But what ever happened to quiet in stores and restaurants?

Most restaurants now have two or three TV's tuned to different stations, one of which usually has the volume turned up to the point that having a quiet conversation with your lunch or dinner companion is almost impossible. 

Personally, I don't need to be entertained all the time, nor do I want to have my meal out interrupted by a TV blaring at me.   

I like quiet times, in fact I'll even go for a walk by myself so I can have quiet time.  My dog doesn't seem to need to talk at me all the time either, she's just as happy hanging out quietly with me. 

Too bad the world isn't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment